Mozambique Mission Trip
Dates: May 29 or 30 thru June 14-15. (low airfare will factor in dates +/- 3 days)
Where: Beira, Dondo and Gorongosa Mozambique
Includes airfare, per diem, Hotel in Beira, food in the country, Moz visa, baggage fees, travel to Chicago airport, gas, parking.
Not included in cost: Travel meals to and from Mozambique, souvenirs, offering for Sunday mornings in churches, immunizations and meds ie. malaria, passport if you do not currently have one.
Steps to take now:
- $500 non-refundable deposit saves your spot on the trip.
- Apply for a passport or check your expiration date.
- Start thinking about prayer and support partners.
Team Size: We can take up to 10 team members! Interest is high so get in touch as soon as possible.
- Participation in 4-5 team training nights. (we can do 1 or 2 via Skype for our U of I friends)
- Participation in team fundraising. We require each participant to send out 10 letters of support to family and friends.
- Valid Passport not due to expire within 8 months of travel date.
- Patience, Flexibility and Positive Attitude
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Will consider younger applicants if they are traveling with a responsible adult.
- Be willing to travel home from Johannesburg without a team leader.
Child Sponsorship: If you sponsor a child through the FH/Orchard partnership you will most likely have the chance to meet your child. If your child lives in Kaia you may not be able to visit. It is about an additional 8-hour drive from Gorongosa. Talk to Kris Hoskinson about sponsoring a child in a community we can visit.