Serving With Love
Love. What a powerful thing. We take this word for granted all too often; casually throwing it around and misusing the precious value it holds. Many times we diminish the significance of the word and forget that love is an emotion AND an action. We forget who first embodied the true meaning and act of love. God is love and He calls us to walk in love just as Jesus did so that we may make disciples here on Earth. God will work miraculous wonders through us where we are and He’ll use us to BLESS this broken world when we fix our eyes on Him, love, and serving one another.
At Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp this last summer, I was incredibly blessed with the opportunity to live out and experience these three important pieces of God’s calling as a senior counselor. Our theme was, “Seek First” which ties into seeking God, finding our vocation, building His kingdom, putting others first, and many other themes. At Riverside I received love from our encouraging staff and was able to generously pour out that love to the campers. I learned so much about the gravity of placing my trust and hope in God by seeking Him above all else because He has a plan for me. After giving God my plans and letting Him take control, my passion for teaching kids was reaffirmed and I felt the utmost joy. I then experienced an even stronger drive, which grew over the summer, to share the gospel with those around me than I ever have before in order to further God’s kingdom. I have always loved to serve and help others in need but this last summer, God fully opened up my eyes to see the true purpose and significance of service: To build His kingdom. On the back of the Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp sign, a message is inscribed as a reminder of our mission as Christians: “Go and make disciples.”
Ultimately, as humans, we fail time and time again to embrace God’s greatest commandment to love Him and our neighbors. However, even though we constantly fall short, God’s love will never fail and we can rest in that promise. His love is unconditional and inspires us daily to love without conditions or grudges. I want to express that, even though we are all fighting our own battles and struggling with our calling in life, we can still love people and God will provide the rest. His love is reckless, so be imitators of Jesus Christ and “Let all that you do be done in love.”
Loves working with kiddos, traveler, coffee & tennis lover
- After BASIC // Thursday September 20th at 9:30pm // Orchard Hill Church // Join us this week after BASIC for a late night game of basketball! All skill levels are welcome! #bballwithBASIC
- Ninja U // Ever wanted to try a ninja obstacle course? Join us this Thursday for our second #AfterBASIC! Only $3 for college students! Listen for the announcements during worship or click the graphic below for more information!
- BASIC in Waverly // Attention all Wartburg students! On Tuesday September 25th, BASIC is coming to Waverly! Join us at Vineyard Church for an awesome night of worship. Doors open at 7:30pm and worship starts at 8:00pm. Stay for the #AfterBASIC cereal bar at 9:00pm. Invite your friends! #AllAreWelcome
- College-Age Lunch // Orchard Hill Church // Join us this Sunday after the 10:45AM service for a pasta bar! Alfredo, marinara, salad, breadsticks, and more! Maybe Bradley Rees and Sara Rockow will do another #slowjam with the full menu for us tomorrow.
- Fall Conference // Intervarsity's Fall Conference is October 5th - 7th at the Sunstream Retreat Center in Ogden, Iowa. Join us for a weekend filled with incredible worship, dynamic speakers, meaningful seminars, in-depth Bible study, rest and play! It costs $90, but sign up between September 13th - September 20th for $20 off! For more information, email Lindsay McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Groups // Looking to get more involved in BASIC? Joining a Life Group is a wonderful way to meet new people and share God’s love! Click the graphic below to sign up for a Life Group in Cedar Falls or Waverly (both on and off campus)! #LifeWithLove
- Sunday Morning Worship // Join us on Sundays for church at Orchard Hill, Nazareth Lutheran Church, or Orchard Hill’s campus in Waverly! See the graphic below for service times and worship locations! #WeeklyWorship
Click any of the graphics below for more information!