Let's Do This
Summer is approaching fast, and you know what that means. Change. Now, change isn’t really my thing and I’m sure at least some of you can relate. You may be moving your whole dorm room back to your homes. Your best friends may be leaving while you remain in Cedar Falls. You may be going overseas for 3 months. Whatever it may be, things are changing.
In the past I’ve struggled with change. It seems like whenever I move places, God doesn’t come with me. He seems to disappear altogether and it takes me days, weeks, even months to get in touch with Him again. And right when I find Him and things get comfortable, something else changes. This whole process is ongoing. It’s stuck in a continuous loop and… I’m tired. It’s exhausting. And I don’t want my life to be exhausting. It should be full of Life. So how can I.. how can WE make a change in how we handle change?
Friends, the answer is Jesus of course. Now, this seems like super simple. Mostly all of us have heard, “Jesus is with you wherever you go!” And man He sure is, but do you recognize that every day? Do you act like Jesus is with you every second of your lives? Heck, I sure don’t. It is for sure a daily decision you have to make. Every time you wake up in the morning you have to say to yourself, this day is for Him. You have to make your eyes open to what He has for you. And you have to know that no matter where you go in life, God is with you throughout all of it. He’s there when you fail a test. He’s there when a family member passes away. He’s there when you are at BASIC, sitting in those familiar seats. He’s there when you fill up your car with gas. He’s there for every..stinking..moment.
He’s in our midst. He will show Himself. You just have to wake up and say, “My eyes are open for You, Jesus.” So please remember that this summer, friends. Even though you might not have that intentional friend that asks you for coffee every other week to talk about Jesus, know that God wants to talk to you all the time. Even though we won’t meet for BASIC every week, know that He goes beyond BASIC. And He goes beyond UNI. And He goes beyond the oceans you might be crossing. And He can go beyond the chained gates of any heart that wakes up and says, “Today is for you, Lord. And I know you’re in the midst of everything I do.” There is nowhere His Spirit won’t go. There is nowhere you can hide from His immense love for you.
So let’s get out there, and live this finals week, live this summer, and live this life for Jesus. Who’s with me?
UNI Sophomore (in 3 dayzz!!), thrift store expert, owner of 20 hats
- SUMMER FUN // BASIC hosts various events throughout the SUMMER--including LIFE GROUPS (click here to sign up!)! Check out the graphic below for details! #outdoors #fun #friends
- SEE YOU ON SUNDAY // At BASIC we really value community!! If you’re looking for to get connected this summer, join us at any of the church services listed below!
- WANNA BE IN THE LOOP? // Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the blog for updates and encouragement!!
- WANNA JAM OUT? // Love the musical worship at BASIC? Listen to the music all summer long on Spotify @basicatlang!
- URBANA CONFERENCE // December 27th - 31st // St. Louis Missouri // As Moriah Cooper shrieks, “This is a LIFE changing experience!!” Step out of your comfort zone with cultural musical worship, challenging teaching, and SO MANY PALS during Christmas Break. Email Tate or click on graphic below for more details!!
Click on any of the following graphics to learn more!