BASIC IS BACK & you are braver than you think
welcome back, friends!!
this is just a little reminder that you are braver than you think.
i am not sure what Christmas break looked like for you.
- spending too much time with family?
- a trip to cancun or tennessee or chicago?
- working working working?
- graduating from college?
- binge watching a season(s) of netflix?
- driving around and looking at Christmas lights?
i don’t know.
but, i do know that God was with you.
and i am not sure what this next semester looks like for you.
- second semester as a freshman?
- finally taking major classes?
- studying for the CPA?
- excitement to join new student organizations?
- fear of the future as your graduate in may?
i don’t know.
but, i do know that God is with you.
and i know that He has given you humans to be with you too.
no matter what you are walking out of and/or what you are walking into...
you are braver than you think because you are not brave alone.
God is with you. humans are with you.
we, BASIC, want to be humans that are brave with you.
be brave with us TODAY through these opportunities:
(by learning more about how God makes you brave AND meeting great humans to be brave with)
- BASIC IS BACK // Thursday, January 11 at 8pm // Lang Hall // We are kicking off a series focused on Jesus’ teaching of the Sermon on the Mount. Carter Moore will be teaching this week and there will be TONS of opportunities to get plugged in and to be brave. BRING A FRIEND. Not able to come? Click on graphic below to watch a live stream of the night!!
- JOIN A LIFE GROUP #meetgreathumans // Click on the graphic below for groups of humans that want to be brave with you this semester!
- JOIN A TEAM #moregreathumans // Click on the graphic below for so many unique ways you can use your gifts to serve God & this community!
- FREE LUNCH // Sunday, January 21 after 10:45am service // Orchard Hill Church // ALL ARE WELCOME for FREE tailgate-style food, fellowship, and football playing in the background.
- STARTING POINT // Every Wednesday for 8 weeks starting January 17 from 5-6pm // Orchard Hill Church // The goal of this group is to simply have a conversation about faith—to explore and ask questions you may have about faith, whether you are new to church, returning after some time, or are looking to take a next step in your faith. $5 will get you the materials needed for the group that you will get the first night. There will also me some out-of-class work. Questions or want to secure your spot?! Email Katy Myers at email@example.com.
- AFTERNOON WITH ALICE // Saturday, January 27 from 1-3pm // 410 Sunset Road, Waterloo // Ladies -- do you have thoughts/questions/fears about your faith or life in general? Bring your questions as we gather with Alice Shirey, one of Orchard Hill's leaders, and have a safe space to be brave and honest with one another! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IF GATHERING // February 9-10 // Nazareth Lutheran Church // What if women gathered together to share their stories and talk about Jesus? THIS is that opportunity. GALS. DON"T MISS THIS. Come spend a weekend listening to speakers, eating, sharing, and being honest. For more information or if you need a friend to go with, click the graphic below (explore the website!!) or email Sara Rockow at email@example.com.