We've All Got Em'
Stories. We’ve all got em’. Some of us think our story is too boring, too painful, too shameful or just plain too hard to be told. Sound like you? The truth is your story, no matter what you think of it, is incredibly important. It’s important because it’s a part of God’s amazing story, our past is history, HIStory. As we begin to talk about our stories, we make famous the story of God and His gracious love, sending His only son to die on a cross to keep us a part of His story forever. No matter how boring, painful, shameful or hard we think it has been so far, while we were still sinners Christ died for us and adopted us as children of God.
What separates Christianity from other world religion is that we serve a God who wants to be in relationship with us and it’s not about what we can do, rather what He has done. Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 12:9 “But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.'” Boast about our weakness. Now there is a concept that goes against our nature and something I do not do well. I hear Paul screaming here, LET JESUS BE JESUS. Let Jesus be Jesus…
There’s a hinge point in the narrative of the ministry of Jesus where He asks Peter “Who do you say I am?” The Bible does not describe this moment further, but I picture all eyes of those around on Peter and each second in-between the question and response seeming like an eternity. Peter replies, “You are the Messiah.” Up to this point Jesus had not revealed this to anyone on earth. Through those closest to Him, the disciples, it is confirmed. Jesus, is Jesus, The Messiah.
This week as we take a look at the last S in the B.L.E.S.S model, Story, ask yourself who is Jesus to me? Then, maybe for the first time, let Jesus be Jesus. Our highest calling may just be to let Jesus' love for us fill us up and overflow. To decide that Jesus, can be Jesus, in our story.
(Keep scrolling for more announcements!)
- YOUR STORY IS IMPORTANT // TOMORROW (Thurs, Sept 21) at 8pm // Lang Hall // Come listen as Carter Moore shares about how we can see the ways that God moves and leads our stories. Mercedes Steffensen will also be sharing how God has been evident in her story!
- LIP SYNC BATTLE #LETSGO // TOMORROW (Thurs, Sept 21) at afterBASIC // Lutheran Student Center (on the corner of College and University) // Walk on down to the LSC with us after BASIC for a night of fun! Sign up there to perform a solo, duet, or team lip sync. OR just come to eat smoothies #bogo and watch and laugh and clap!
- FREE BWW // Sunday, October 1st after the 10:45am service at Nazareth // Yes, you read that correctly. Join us at Naz and then eat a free Buffalo Wild Wings! #blessed
- INTERVARSITY FALL CONFERENCE // October 6-8 at Sunstream Retreat Center // An awesome opportunity to learn about the Image of God and how this impacts our personal story. Check out this website or email Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
- THERE IS STILL TIME to join a Life Group or a Team! Click on the graphics below to learn more and sign up!
- SUNDAY MORNINGS // Come experience musical worship, a teaching, community, and more on Sunday mornings at Nazareth Lutheran Church or Orchard Hill Church. More details below. Email email@example.com if you need a ride!
(Click on any of the graphics below for more details!)