Let Your Love Be God's Love
(There is a TON happening at BASIC in the next weeks---scroll down for more information on how YOU can join the fun!)
Let Your Love Be God's Love
The theme of loving and forgiving others has been popping up a lot throughout my life in the last few weeks, and when I say a lot, I mean literally every day in monumental ways. God has been not just whispering in my ear, but yelling, and his message for me could not be clearer.
Over the summer, I dealt with a lot of changes. From two moves in the span of a month to the ending of a year long relationship, I began to find myself feeling discouraged and overwhelmed. I prayed and prayed for guidance and for God to show me why I was going through what I was going through, but no matter how much I prayed, I felt like I was not being heard. I struggled badly with patience and forgiveness during this time as well. I wanted to forgive, but I couldn’t. I wanted to be patient, but I couldn’t. I was frustrated. Why was it so hard? Why wasn’t God listening to me? It wasn’t until last week that I realized God was listening and working on me the whole time.
Now, I have never been one to read directly from the Bible very often, but I made a goal for myself to start doing so this year. I began reading John a few weeks ago after a friend told me it was a good place to start for a Bible “newbie”. John 15:12-13 says, “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” God wants us to love others like he loves us all. Plain and simple. But what does God’s love actually look like? To answer this question, I decided to make a list of what God’s love was to me. Upon creating this list, I realized that it is easy to just think of God’s love from a one-dimensional perspective when in reality, it is much more complex.
“God’s love is unconditional. God’s love is patient. God’s love is forgiving. God’s love is our love.”
Let your love be God’s love.
- EATING IS BIBLICAL?!?! // TOMORROW (Thurs, Sept 7) at 8pm // Lang Hall // Derek Kimball will be sharing how food was used in the book of Acts in order to BLESS others and how this is an important part of our own faith! We will also be musically worshiping with a chill, acoustic band.
- PICNIC ON THE PORCH // TOMORROW (Thurs, Sept 7) at 6:30pm // 604 W. Seerley Blvd. // Walking distance from campus. Come enjoy delicious spaghetti and fellowship together before BASIC. All are welcome!!
- LIFE GROUPS // There is still time to join a small group of awesome humans as they read the Bible and meet together once a week. Follow this link to sign up for a group today! Life Groups will begin NEXT week! #wahooo
- TEAMS // Do you enjoy being creative or making people feel welcome or connecting with international students or working with sound systems or serving others in general? Join one of our BASIC teams that can be found at this link!
- SUNDAY MORNINGS // Come worship with us on Sundays at Nazareth Lutheran Church and Orchard Hill Church. See graphic below for more details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a ride!
- LIP SYNC BATTLE // Thurs, Sept 21 right after BASIC // Start prepping for your chance to compete in this fierce battle!
- INTERVARSITY FALL CONFERENCE // October 6-8 at Sunstream Retreat Center // Check out this website for more info!
(Click on any of the graphics below for more details!)